Israel’s membership in the Council indicates the country’s desire to play a significant role in the multilateral arena in promoting issues pertaining to development and sustainability. Through its presence in the Council, Israel will be able to actively contribute to promoting cooperation in the various fields. Israel has unique knowledge and experience in the field of food and agriculture and is happy to share it with other countries and organizations.
MFA Director-General Alon Usphiz: “I welcome Israel’s joining this important Council. During its term of membership, Israel will be able to influence the organization's decisions on issues that are at the forefront of many countries’ agendas and contribute its proven capabilities in areas such as food safety and security, agriculture and consumer protection, aquaculture, land and water resources management, and more, while achieving UN targets for 2030. There is no loftier goal for diplomacy than actively contributing to the improvement of the quality of life of people all over the world. "
- Israel marks Memorial Day for the fallen soldiers and victims of terrorism
- President Rivlin and FM Katz host reception for the diplomatic and consular corps in Israel
- 3rd Diplomatic Race to celebrate Israel's special needs community
- PM Netanyahu's remarks at the start of the weekly cabinet meeting
- PM Netanyahu addresses the Christian Media Summit