President Reuven Rivlin welcomed a delegation of 140 Israel Bonds representatives from around the world, led by the organization's president Izzy Tapuchi. President Rivlin congratulated the delegation on the 65th anniversary of Israel Bonds, and said, "I have witnessed the miracle of seeing the ‘desert bloom’, and the ‘hi-tech boom' - we could not have achieved all this without your support. Israel Bonds is not just a way to show support for Israel, it is a way to show faith in Israel; faith in our growth, faith in our development, and faith in our future."
Speaking of the socio-economic challenges Israel faced against a background of changes is Israeli society and gaps between the different communities, the President said, "The President's Office is proud to be involved in a number of projects, bridging the gaps; in schools and on the sports field, in the classroom and in the workplace."
- Israel marks Memorial Day for the fallen soldiers and victims of terrorism
- President Rivlin and FM Katz host reception for the diplomatic and consular corps in Israel
- 3rd Diplomatic Race to celebrate Israel's special needs community
- PM Netanyahu's remarks at the start of the weekly cabinet meeting
- World Jewish Congress expresses concern at explosion targeting Jewish community leader in Kazan, Tatarstan