Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu issued the following statement:
"Several days ago President Trump contacted me, as did Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau and others, and requested that we assist in evacuating hundreds of 'white helmets' from Syria. These are people who have saved lives and whose lives were in danger. Therefore, I approved their passage through Israel to additional countries, as an important humanitarian gesture.
Concurrently, we will not stop taking action in Syria against Iran's attempts to establish a military presence there.
At the same time we are also taking action in the south. We hit Hamas very hard over the weekend and – if it proves necessary – we will hit them seven-fold."
- Israel joins the Council of the UN Food and Agriculture Organization
- PM Netanyahu chairs Corona Cabinet meeting
- Israel marks Memorial Day for the fallen soldiers and victims of terrorism
- President Rivlin and FM Katz host reception for the diplomatic and consular corps in Israel
- PM Netanyahu addresses the ceremony marking Holocaust Martyrs' and Heroes' Remembrance Day